Purpose of Beyond Now
- We only supply the App for domestic and private use, and you agree not to use the App for any commercial purpose whatsoever
How does the App work?
The App stores safety plan information natively on your device. The information entered into the App (such as your safety plan, the names of the people you can connect with or the photos/videos you have uploaded) is not shared with us or any third party.
We also do not collect:
- your name
- contact details
You may of course choose to email your safety plan to your support people.
App Usage Analytics
We use Google Analytics and Firebase, products provided by Google, to gather App usage information so we can measure visitor numbers and evaluate how people use the App. Google Analytics and Firebase do not identify individual users or associate a device’s IP address with any other data held by Google.
We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand App traffic and App usage in order to improve the App. All the data we collect is aggregated and cannot be used to identify you individually.
The type of information we collect includes:
- the number of downloads
- average time spent on various screens
- whether a user has used the emergency calling feature (but not who they have called)
- whether a user has entered data into various steps (but not what they have entered)
- the date and time the App was accessed
- the type of device from which the App was accessed
- the location (State or Territory) from which the App was accessed
The App does not use any analytics products provided by Facebook to collect App usage information.
To the extent permitted by law, we will in no way be liable to you or anyone else for any loss or damage, however caused (and whether direct, indirect, consequential or economic) which may be directly or indirectly suffered in connection with use of this App or websites of other entities which are hyperlinked from this App (Linked Websites) or the Webpage.
This general disclaimer is not restricted or modified by any of the following specific warnings and disclaimers.
Specific warnings and disclaimers
The information contained in this App/Webpage is provided by us in good faith and on an 'as is' basis. The information is believed to be accurate and current as at the date the information was placed in this App/Webpage. We make no representation or warranty that your use of this App/Webpage will be uninterrupted or error free. You should not act on the basis of anything contained in this App/Webpage without first obtaining professional advice specific to your circumstances. You must make your own assessment of the information contained in this App/Webpage and, if you choose to rely on it, it is wholly at your own risk.
We are not liable to you or anyone else if interference with or damage to your device occurs in connection with your use of this App/Webpage or a Linked Website. You must take your own precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use from this App/Webpage is free of viruses or anything else (such as worms or trojan horses) that may interfere with or damage the operations of your device.
We may, from time to time, change or add to this App/Webpage without notice. However, we do not undertake to keep this App/Webpage updated and we will not be liable to you or anyone else if errors occur in the information in this App/Webpage or if that information is not up-to-date.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, all implied conditions, representations, warranties and other terms are excluded.
Your use of this App/Webpage
- use this App/Webpage to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise offend any person
- publish, distribute, email, transmit or disseminate any material which is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, indecent, offensive or inappropriate
- use any automated scripting tools or software
- engage in or promote any third party surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, unsolicited emailing or spamming via the App/Webpage
- impersonate any other person or entity
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available using the App/Webpage any material that you do not have a right to make available or which contains viruses, or other computer codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware or to utilise other computer systems for improper purposes or without authorisation
- breach any laws or regulations which are applicable to your use of this App/Webpage in your jurisdiction
Unless otherwise acknowledged, all material in this App/Webpage, including text, graphics, information architecture and coding (but excluding your safety plan), is our property. All copyright is reserved.
You are provided with access to this App/Webpage and may download, store in cache, display or print the information or material stored in this App/Webpage (in its unaltered form) and for your personal and non-commercial use only.
Except for these purposes, and for the purposes of and subject to the conditions prescribed under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) (or any similar statute that applies in your jurisdiction), you may not, in any form or by any means:
- adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, transmit, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of this App/Webpage
- commercialise any information, products or services obtained from any part of this App/Webpage, without our written permission
If you wish to make any other use of the material in this App/Webpage, you must obtain our permission before doing so. To ask for permission or for further information, please contact us.
All trade names, trade marks, service marks and other product and service names and logos (Marks) displayed in this App/Webpage are proprietary to their respective owners and are protected by applicable trade mark and copyright laws. These Marks may be our registered or unregistered Marks or may belong to others and are used in this App/Webpage with permission of the relevant owner.
The following Marks displayed in this App/Webpage are our registered trade marks: Beyond Blue and the butterfly device. Nothing contained in this App/Webpage should be construed as granting any licence or right of use of any Mark which is displayed in this App/Webpage without the express written permission of the relevant owner.
If you use any of our Marks to refer to our activities, products or services, you must include a statement attributing that Mark to us. You must not use any of our Marks:
- in or as the whole or part of your own Marks
- in connection with activities, products or services which are not ours
- in a manner which may be confusing, misleading or deceptive
- in a manner that disparages us or our information, products or services (including this App/Webpage)
This App/Webpage may contain links to Linked Websites. Those links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained. We have no control over or rights in any Linked Website that is not our own.
Unless specifically stated, the inclusion of a Linked Website should not be construed as any endorsement, approval, recommendation or preference by us of the owners or operators of the Linked Website, or for any information, product or service referred to on the Linked Website.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third party social media or other service providers that you can access through this App/Webpage.
Please visit our contact us page.