Beyond Blue is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and other relevant laws in relation to the management of personal information.
Why we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information so you can:
- register and participate in Blue Voices (a community of people with a lived/personal experience of anxiety, depression and/or suicide, either through their direct experience or through the experience of someone close to them); and
- join Blue Voices Connect (our voluntary members only online community).
What personal information is collected?
As part of the registration process for becoming a Blue Voices member, we ask you to answer mostly voluntary questions on an electronic form which contain personal information such as name, address, date of birth, gender identity, occupation and health information.
If you choose to join Blue Voices Connect by completing our online registration form, we also collect your name and email address.
How do we deal with your personal information?
We will deal with your personal information in the following ways.
- The personal information collected as part of the Blue Voices registration process is recorded against you user profile to enable us to:
- meet our website management needs (for example, by enabling you to participate in Blue Voices activities and become a member of the online community if you choose to); and
- engage in direct marketing activities via email (if you have registered your email address with us and have not "opted-out")
- support the effective planning and implementation of the Blue Voices program
- We may disclose your personal information:
- to our service providers (such as our IT and analytics service providers);
- if you have consented to the disclosure (for example, if you participate in one of our research projects);
- where disclosure is necessary to prevent injury to life or health; or
- if required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order.
We do not directly disclose personal information to recipients located overseas.
Our third-party service providers may store personal information overseas when providing services.
We only disclose your health information for the purposes for which you gave it to us or a directly related purpose you would reasonably expect or if you agree.
Our websites and mobile applications
We collect your device’s last known IP address and, if you are a registered user, store it against your website profile.
What if you do not provide your personal information?
If you choose not to provide the mandatory personal information to us, you will not be able to participate in Blue Voices or Blue Voices Connect.
Sharing other people's stories
How to contact us
The Privacy Officer
Suite 501, 278 Flinders Lane
Melbourne VIC 3000
This Blue Voices Privacy Collection Statement was last updated in October 2021 and may change from time to time. Any updated versions will be posted on this website and will be effective from the date of posting.
In this Privacy Collection Statement, references to “Beyond Blue”, "we", "us" and "our" are references to Beyond Blue Limited ACN 093 865 840.