Beyond Blue is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and other relevant state laws in relation to the management of personal information.
Why we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information so you can:
1. register and participate in blueVoices (which is a reference group for people who have personal
experience of depression and anxiety, or support someone who does); and
2. join blueVoices Connect (our voluntary members only online community).
As part of the registration process for becoming a blueVoices member, we ask you to answer mostly voluntary questions on an electronic form which contain personal information such as name, address, date of birth, gender identity, occupation and health information.
If you choose to join blueVoices Connect by completing our online registration form, we also collect your name and email address.
We will deal with your personal information in the following ways.
1. The personal information collected as part of the blueVoices registration process is recorded against you user profile to enable us to:
- meet our website management needs (for example, by enabling you to participate in blueVoices and become a member of the online community if you choose to); and
- engage in direct marketing activities via email (if you have registered your email address with us and have not "opted-out").
2. We may disclose your personal information:
- to our service providers (such as our IT service providers);
- if you have consented to the disclosure;
- where disclosure is necessary to prevent injury to life or health; or
- if required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order.
We do not directly disclose personal information to recipients located overseas.
We only disclose your health information for the purposes for which you gave it to us or a directly related purpose you would reasonably expect or if you agree.
We have strict storage protocols which set out how we store and manage your personal information.
The types of information that may be collected as a result of your use of the blueVoices website are:
- the fact that you have visited the blueVoices website and the date and time of your visit;
- statistical information about your server address and your top level domain name (for example, .com, .com.au, .gov.au, .co.uk. etc);
- the pages you have accessed and the documents you have downloaded;
- the previous site you visited (if you have linked to the blueVoices website); and
- the type of browser you use.
We will not make any attempt to identify you or your browsing activities from the collection of this information.
What if you do not provide your personal information?
If you choose not to provide the mandatory personal information to us, you will not be able to participate in blueVoices or blueVoices Connect.
Sharing other people's stories
How to contact us
The Privacy Officer
PO Box 6100
Hawthorn West VIC 3121
This blueVoices Privacy Collection Statement was last updated November 2017 and may change from time to time. Any updated versions will be posted on this website and will be effective from the date of posting.
In this Privacy Collection Statement, references to “Beyond Blue”, "we", "us" and "our" are references to Beyond Blue Limited ACN 093 865 840.