The Young Carer Bursary Program is a national program and is administered by Carers Australia in Canberra.
What is the purpose of the Young Carer Bursary Program?
The purpose of this program is to assist young carers in greatest need, to continue to study and to relieve the financial pressure for them to undertake part-time work, in addition to their educational and caring responsibilities.
What is a young carer?
Young carers are children or young people 12 - 25 years of age, who help care in families where someone has an illness, a disability, a mental health issue, is aged or who has an alcohol or other drug problem.
Who is eligible to apply?
Those eligible to apply for the Young Carer Bursary in 2016 are:
- a young carer aged 12 - 25 years and under
- at least in secondary school
- studying or training an approved course, either full-time or part-time in 2016
- not in receipt of another bursary or scholarship
- not already qualified with a Degree or Advanced Diploma
- an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident.
Applications close 28 September 2015