The primary purpose of the State & Territory Perinatal Depression Reference Group is to share information on perinatal depression and anxiety screening, projects and activities.
The secondary purpose is to provide advice and assistance to Beyond Blue for the implementation of the National Perinatal Depression Initiative (Federal Government funded from 1 July 2013 to 30 June 2017).
blueVoices representative members will be asked to attend bi-monthly teleconference meetings until June 2017 and participate in discussions with other committee members to fulfil the group responsibilities of:
- Share information about perinatal depression and anxiety based activities
- Participate in community consultation as required
- Participate in discussion about perinatal depression and anxiety based activities
- Provide advice to Beyond Blue to support implementation of the NPDI.
Who can take part?
We are looking for two blueVoices representatives to join this committee who;
- Have personal experience of perinatal depression and/or anxiety
or are a family member (partner, spouse, parent, sibling, etc.) of an individual who has had personal experience of perinatal depression and/or anxiety
- Are interested in the mental health of new parents
- Are available to dial-in to meetings on a bi-monthly basis and set aside one hour of preparation time (for any reading) prior to the meeting (meetings will be held during office hours)
- Will act with confidentiality and integrity
Experience representing consumer/carer experiences on other committees/advisory groups is desirable. An element of the project relates to translation of information materials into languages other than English so we also encourage applications from individuals who identify as a Culturally and/or Linguistically Diverse.
Reimbursement for time spent preparing for and participating in Committee meetings will be provided, as required by the Remuneration Tribunal at Determination 2015/20: Remuneration and Allowances for Holders of Part-Time Public Office.