The main Beyond Blue Forum is an online space all about supporting and learning from each other.
We're currently recruiting for volunteer Community Champions to provide online peer support via the forums to people experiencing anxiety, depression and suicidal thoughts.
About Community Champions
Having a space to ‘vent’ and let others know about the difficulties we’re experiencing in life is important.
Community Champions help maintain a lively and friendly community by sparking new conversations, guide and welcome newcomers to the forum and remind members of the rules when needed. In particular we hope you can help by:
- Actively looking for and answering unanswered questions or posts
- Welcoming new members and helping them find their way around – particularly in connecting them with other members or threads that are similar to theirs
- Helping the community be a vibrant, respectful, and enjoyable place
- Starting new threads on topics of interest relating to hope, recovery and staying well
- Referring any concerns you have about a member’s wellbeing to our moderators
Please note this is purely a peer support role and you are not expected to be responsible for the wellbeing of individual members.
You can read more about what the role involves in the Community Champions Guide.
Thank you for your interest in the Online Community Champion volunteer roles. Applications have now closed and the Beyond Blue Online Community team will soon be in touch with those who expressed interest.
If you are interested in providing support to others experiencing depression and anxiety we welcome you to participate in discussions in the online forums.