Beyond Blue is looking for a suitably qualified person to sit on the National Mental Health Consumer and Carer Forum (NMHCCF). This person would sit on the forum as a carer (someone who has cared for/supported someone with a personal experience), representing the Blue Voices community.
About the NMHCCF
The NMHCCF aims to improve the safety, wellbeing and quality of life of mental health consumers and carers throughout Australia through promoting their rights; creating a responsive, recover focused service system; and through supporting innovation in service delivery across the life span. The NMHCCF is represented on many national committees and has produced a range of policy submissions, advocacy briefs and high quality, frequently referenced position statements on issues important to consumers and carers.
Members use their personal experience, understanding of the mental health system and communication skills to advocate and promote the issues and concerns of consumers and carers.
What level of commitment is required?
The successful representative will be appointed for four years. The NMHCCF representative commitment and expectations include:
- Attendance at least two face-to-face meetings per year (that can be held across the country).
- Attendance at least two NMHCCF teleconferences throughout the year.
- Annual participation in at least one working group of the NMHCCF. Involvement in these additional committees will require a commitment to attend additional face-to-face meetings or teleconferences.
- Consulting broadly through existing consumer and carer networks to ensure a broad range of views and experiences of carers are heard at a national level.
- Reporting back to Beyond Blue and Blue Voices.
- Working with Beyond Blue to identify opportunities for Blue Voices to contribute to NMHCCF objectives.
Please read the operating guidelines for more information.
To learn more about the National Mental Health Consumer and Carer Forum (NMHCCF) please visit the website: www.nmhccf.org.au