About the Clinical Risk and Quality Sub-committee
The Way Back Clinical Risk and Quality Sub-committee (CRQSC) provides technical advice and expertise to support the expansion, implementation and sustainability of the service long term. The purpose of the CRQSC is to ensure that the implementation of The Way Back is informed by expert advice to ensure its effectiveness.
The CRQSC will be responsible for:
- reviewing and guidance on clinical governance associated with The Way Back expansion and implementation
- providing guidance and advice regarding best practice of clinical governance systems and processes to promote continuous improvement (effective, safe, accountable, person-centred)
- ensure the implementation is evidence based and informed by the broader landscape of mental health and aftercare initiatives
- ensure the implementation prioritise patient safety and quality in service delivery model review
- advising best practice on clinical risk and incidence management within service delivery
- briefing and reporting to Beyond Blue and the National Advisory Committee regarding clinical governance
- timely decision making to progress The Way Back data management and evaluation
- engaging key thinkers where required
Beyond Blue is very pleased to have been supported by the Commonwealth Government in the order of $37.6 million over four years for the expansion nationally of Beyond Blue’s The Way Back Support Service. The Way Back provides practical, non-clinical, community-based support to people experiencing a suicidal crisis or who have attempted suicide.
Learn more about The Way Back Support Service: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/about-us/about-our-work/suicide-prevention/the-way-back-support-service