About the Data Management and Evaluation Sub-committee
The Way Back Data Management and Evaluation Sub-committee (DMESC) provides technical advice and expertise to support the expansion, implementation and sustainability of the service long term. The purpose of the DMESC is to ensure that the implementation of The Way Back is informed by expert advice to ensure its effectiveness.
The DMESC will be responsible for:
- providing data management expertise and advise for The Way Back expansion, ensuring in recording and reporting including data governance, quality, access, definitions and reporting standards.
- informing development and planning of the Way Back evaluation including scope, phasing and implementation.
- reviewing and advising on interim and final evaluation reports.
- advising on best practice data management and evaluation within service delivery to ensure the integrity of the program is reflected through the recording, reporting and analysis of processes and outcomes.
- identifying existing and/or arising issues that may impact on the programs data and evaluation direction and advising on approaches to barriers and enablers
- ensuring that the implementation is evidence based and informed by the broader landscape of mental health, suicide prevention and aftercare initiatives.
- briefing and reporting to Beyond Blue and the National Advisory Committee regarding data management and evaluation implementation, progress and status.
- timely decision making to progress The Way Back data management and evaluation.
Beyond Blue is very pleased to have been supported by the Commonwealth Government in the order of $37.6 million over four years for the expansion nationally of Beyond Blue’s The Way Back Support Service. The Way Back provides practical, non-clinical, community-based support to people experiencing a suicidal crisis or who have attempted suicide.
Learn more about The Way Back Support Service: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/about-us/about-our-work/suicide-prevention/the-way-back-support-service