About the National Advisory Committee
The Way Back National Advisory Committee (NAC) is a key advisory body for the national implementation of The Way Back. The purpose of the NAC is to ensure that the implementation of The Way Back is informed by expert advice to ensure its effectiveness.
The NAC will be responsible for:
- providing expert advice to inform robust, efficient and effective implementation of The Way Back
- expansion measure across all work streams
- advising Beyond Blue and The Way Back Project Steering Committee on key strategic and implementation issues.
- seeking and considering advice from The Way Back Sub‐committees across the work streams to inform and guide implementation.
- facilitating and supporting the development of collaborative links with relevant community, industry, government, university and research groups.
- advising on strategic planning and priority setting for The Way Back implementation.
Beyond Blue is very pleased to have been supported by the Commonwealth Government in the order of $37.6 million over four years for the expansion nationally of Beyond Blue’s The Way Back Support Service. The Way Back provides practical, non-clinical, community-based support to people experiencing a suicidal crisis or who have attempted suicide.
Learn more about The Way Back Support Service: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/about-us/about-our-work/suicide-prevention/the-way-back-support-service
Expressions of interest for this position are now closed.