We have an exciting opportunity for two Blue Voices members to join the Beyond Blue Portfolio Governance Group (PGG).
About the Portfolio Governance Group
All projects at Beyond Blue begin as an idea and go through various stages of planning according to our Portfolio and Project Management (PPM) system. It is the role of the PGG to reviews all projects entering the PPM system firstly as an Idea, then as a more detailed business case. This is to make sure they deliver the maximum benefit to the community and fit with the Beyond Blue goals and priorities.
The PGG is made up of senior leadership and staff across our six business groups and three Blue Voices members. PGG members provide their experience and strategic review as a value add to projects, to ensure every project moving forward has the best chance of success.
Purpose of the PGG
- Provide a consistent and transparent approach to project decision making that aligns to Beyond Blue's values and strategic goals
- Be a constructive space for staff to get feedback on project ideas and business cases before submission to the CEO and/or Board for approval
- Help improve integration of existing and planned work, reducing duplicated effort though developing a broad knowledge of all project submissions
- Share learnings from other projects and make sure they are recorded and considered in future project appraisal criteria (e.g. Project Closure Reports)
Blue Voices role on the PGG
- Provide feedback and suggestions on project Ideas and Business Cases to help develop and deliver the greatest value for the community
- Contribute to decision making, drawing on your personal insights and experiences both personally and professionally
- Assist in prioritising project Ideas and Business Cases to align with Beyond Blue's values, strategic goals and resources
Projects at Beyond Blue can directly support the community or help improve internal processes. Some examples of projects the PGG review are:
- Equipping Families - creating a range of digital resources and information for parents and carers to gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to actively promote wellbeing, and to recognise when additional support might be needed for their family.
- Mental Health Continuum - researching if it would be valid and acceptable to incorporate a mental health continuum model at Beyond Blue and understand how it would impact our existing and future information architecture and communications frameworks.
- Customer Relationship Management system - implementing an internal database to support good stakeholder engagement and communication.
Applications to join the PGG are now closed. If you have any queries about this committee please contact the Blue Voices team on 03 9810 6100 or via email