The main Beyond Blue Forums are an online community that supports and learns from each other.
We're currently recruiting for volunteer Community Champions to provide online peer support via the forums to people experiencing anxiety, depression and suicidal thoughts.
About Community Champions
Having a space to ‘vent’ and let others know about the difficulties we’re experiencing in life is important.
Community Champions help maintain a warm and friendly community. They spark new conversations, guide and welcome newcomers and, when needed, remind forum members of the rules. In particular, Community Champions help by:
- Actively looking for and answering unanswered questions or posts
- Welcoming new members and helping them find their way around – particularly in connecting them with other members or threads that are similar to theirs
- Helping the community be a vibrant, respectful, and enjoyable place
- Starting new threads on topics of interest relating to hope, recovery and staying well
- Referring any concerns you have about a member’s wellbeing to our moderators
Please note this is purely a peer support role and you are not expected to be responsible for the wellbeing of individual members.
You can read more about what the role involves in the Community Champions Guide.
Thank you for your interest in the Online Community Champion volunteer role. Expressions of Interests are now closed. If you submitted your interest, the Beyond Blue Online Community team will be in touch .
If you are interested in providing support to others experiencing depression and anxiety we welcome you to participate in discussions in the online forums.