Would you like to bring your experience supporting someone with mental health issues to a national forum?
Beyond Blue is looking for a Blue Voices carer/supporter representative to sit on the National Mental Health Consumer and Carer Forum. You’ll advocate for the issues and concerns of consumers and carers to influence mental health activities nationally. To apply, please fill out the below form.
Members receive remuneration for meetings in accordance with the Remuneration Tribunal Guidelines.
About the NMHCCF
- NMHCCF is a ‘national combined voice for mental health consumers and carers’.
- The forum includes 28 members (14 mental health consumers and 14 carers/supporters) from across Australia.
- The forum is supported by the Australian government and the group is auspiced by Mental Health Australia.
- Beyond Blue has two Blue Voices representatives on the Forum. We're currently recruiting for the carer/supporter representative position.
About the role
NMHCCF members use their personal experience, understanding of the mental health system and communication skills to advocate for, and promote, the issues and concerns of mental health consumers and carers.
Members also represent consumers and carers on a large number of national bodies, including government committees and advisory groups, professional bodies and other consultative forums and events.
People with experience caring/supporting someone with mental health issues are eligible to apply.
What commitment is required?
Please read the NMHCCF Operating Guidelines for an overview of the commitment. Note: these guidelines may be subject to future review and revision.
The role currently includes a four year term with an annual review.
We estimate that this role as a Blue Voices carer representative on NMHCCF will require a commitment of up to ten (10) hours a month. This will include meetings, preparation time and pre-reading where relevant. Remuneration is provided for meeting attendance only and rates provided cover preparation time. Any travel expenses will be reimbursed.
The commitment of time for this role will depend upon several factors including:
- Whether activities are attended in person (where travel may be required) or online.
- Participation in any NMHCCF sub-committee.
- Participation as a NMHCCF carer representative on external groups.
The Blue Voices carer/supporter representative will be supported by Beyond Blue in their role through engagement, feedback, reporting and peer support.