With the support of the Wests Tigers Rugby League Club, we are excited for clubs to support the Rugby League Beyond Blue Round over the weekend of the 29-30 June 2019.
In partnership with Beyond Blue, the Wests Tigers are working towards educating the rugby community on mental health and wellbeing and the support available.
Talking about mental health is the game changer
Having a conversation about mental health, with our peers and within our clubs, will help reduce the stigma associated with anxiety, depression and suicide. To help make mental health part of everyday conversations, we are encouraging all club players to wear a special blue Beyond Blue strapping tape around their right wrists during their Rugby League Beyond Blue Round game this season. All clubs that register to support Beyond Blue as part of the round will receive a roll of the Beyond Blue tape.
Wearing blue tape is a symbolic action, telling everyone that speaking up and seeking support is OK. If we can talk about our physical injuries then we should be able to talk about mental health conditions without being discriminated against or stigmatised.
How to get your club involved
- Register your club below to support the 2019 Rugby League Beyond Blue Round.
- Organise a fundraising and awareness raising event within your club.
- Have players wear the Beyond Blue tape around their right wrist during your Rugby League Beyond Blue Round game.
How your club can support Beyond Blue:
- By registering, we are asking clubs to pledge to raise over $100 for Beyond Blue throughout the season and run an activity within your rugby community to help start a conversation about mental health.
- All clubs that register will automatically have a fundraising page set up for them to start their fundraising through their rugby community networks.
- Fundraising activities could include organising a club luncheon or dinner, running a BBQ or bake day, donating your ground and/or carpark entry fees for the day, or conducting a raffle and auction.
- To help start your event, all clubs that register before Thursday 20 June will receive a free Beyond Blue Supporter Pack, containing your Beyond Blue Tape, along with giveaways and information resources.
- Share Beyond Blue's messaging through your club networks. Be sure to tag @beyondblue on Facebook and Twitter and @beyondblueofficial on Instagram.
- Take photos on the day of how your club is supporting Beyond Blue and post it on social media using the hashtag #BeyondBlueRound2019
- Organise a Free Beyond Blue Speaker to come talk at your club. Visit www.beyondblue.org.au/speakers to find out more.
- Order Free Beyond Blue information resources to have available around your club. Visit www.beyondblue.org.au/resources to download or order.
Fill in the form below to register your club today!