I remedied these by:
* removing all clocks from my bedroom.
* doing alot of physical activity during the day till found the 'right' balance to help me sleep. Gardening is great!
* if I wake up with thoughts going on, then without turning on any lights, I reach over and scribble one word for me to look at tomorrow and solve.
* having a long hot bath with relaxing music is HIGHLY recommended lol. I like hang drum music.
* eating dinner around 4-5 hours before bedtime. Make it a light enough dinner till the 'right' balance is found.
* having a piece of fresh fruit for dessert about an hour before bed.
* turning all lights in the house down low around 2h before bed time.
* since I've avoided all caffeine, even black tea, and replaced with herbal teas, things have greatly improved.