Thanks for reviving this thread– apologies for not responding sooner. This is a hugely important point. Unfortunately due to a regulation from my home uni I was called back to WFH full-time, but the couple of weeks I was back in my office I was generally quite impressed with how things were handled:
- hand sanitizer and disposable masks widely available at entrances, exits, and common areas
- good coordination with HR about who was in what office in the building on what day, good record-keeping, etc.
- ALL meetings still online, even if individual office work returns to in-person
- signposting about maximum number of occupants per office/room/workspace
- staying home at the slightest hint of illness
- free flu jabs
There were a few times I saw people socializing during lunch where the physical distancing was less than ideal, but in general I thought they ran a tight ship. Interested to hear the experiences of others!