Yes nice work Not_Batman, wish I could buy one from you!
Ours went this year.
Dear Blue it's a difficult situation you're in.
I heard the phone psych AND my Counsellor echo the same thing ie when we're pushed to the limit is exactly WHEN we need more self-care.
Bit of a dilemma really.
I'm under the weather after the dentist but it definitely goes on my self-care list today, so ...
My self-care list, today I:
* went to the dentist, mad the decision that I'll try for afternoon / evening appts if I can because having to carry on all day in this state is NOT fun lol... at least bed time is nearer if it's a later appt.
* took some time out in my room
* spent time with the kids
* cutt up watermelon, made a nachos dippy thing for us all.
* GAVE AWAY lots of clothing, swimmers etc to son's GF for her many siblings. She was rapt lol.
* agreed to a take away dinner tonight since we're all feeling tired or rugged this afternoon
* put off a call to BF until tomorrow and he was understanding which was nice!
* lit a scented candle near me
* will have a bath later on tonight.
NB: I'm remembering to put on face, hand and body moisturiser most days now, so the automatic self-care thing IS becoming a habit which is ALSO what both Counsellors said.
Make the most of this moment being the "precious present" and we'll do just fine.