Online forums

Before you can post or reply in these forums, please complete your profile

Complete your profile

Before you can post or reply in these forums, please join our online community.

Forum membership is open to anyone residing in Australia.

Join the online community Community rules Coping during the Coronavirus outbreak

Topic: Teenagers

3 posts, 0 answered
  1. Rick68
    Rick68 avatar
    1 posts
    24 June 2018

    I'm looking for a physicist who deals with children. Mainly my 16 yr old daughter. She is having mood swings, high then low, panic attacks, forgetting even the simplest of things. I myself suffer from depression, and there Is bipolar and depression in her mothers side of the family. I want someone to look at her and possibly give me a diagnosis of what could possibly be going on with her. We live in eastern Victoria, and have been given 4 different places to try and each one say they dont deal with children. The only place  is just way too far to be practical. Can anyone suggest where we could find something suitable?

    Regards Rick

  2. White Rose
    Champion Alumni
    • Community champion volunteers who are not currently active on the forums.
    • Life membership is awarded by beyondblue for providing outstanding peer support to the online community over a period of 3+ years.
    • A member of beyondblue's blueVoices community
    White Rose avatar
    6325 posts
    24 June 2018 in reply to Rick68

    Hello Rick

    Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum. I don't live in Victoria so cannot give you a direct contact. However I suggest you look on the beyondblue directories. Go to the top of the page and look under Get Support. There is a link which will take to to a number of directories for various medical professionals.

    The link will show psychologists and psychiatrists. There is also a link to these professional bodies. The Australian Psychological Society lists their members and you can search by the issues you want to address.

    Similarly you can search the psychiatrists professional body.

    Failing that I suggest you contact the Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 available 24/7. They may be able to direct you to an appropriate service. They are also a good resource to talk about your child and her needs. She may like to talk to them herself. Kids Helpline caters for people up to 25 so it's not just for very young children. They also have a service for parents to talk about their concerns.

    I think you should find a suitable professional in these locations. I hope you do and all turns out well.


  3. Sophie_M
    Community Moderator
    • Works for beyondblue moderating these forums
    Sophie_M avatar
    6608 posts
    25 June 2018 in reply to Rick68
    Hi Rick68, thanks for posting.  White Rose has provided some good suggestions, you can also try our support service on 1300 22 4636 - we are unfortunately unable to provide specific referrals here on the forums.

Stay in touch with us

Sign up below for regular emails filled with information, advice and support for you or your loved ones.

Sign me up