Welcome back, you might remember me? I'm still here lol.
You have been here before so you have a mental health issue.
My estimates of people's understanding of mental disorders is-
- 60% don't, won't or can't understand illnesses that are out of sight
- 20% have undiagnosed mental illness
- 10% have the empathy and try
- 5% do understand as they are incredibly kind and empathetic
- 5% have a mental illness diagnosed
Very rough figures but the number of people that you think should understand is very low. My main point is that your journey of coping with your problems need the support of those outside your circle of family and friends. Your GP, group or personal therapy etc.
If an astronaut was a family friend and he was describing his flight, would you understand how he felt? Try as you will, many of us wouldn't. Hence the dilemma.
I hope that helps.