Education Voices definition
Education Voices is a national team of educators, allied health professionals, leaders and pre-service educators using their expertise and experience to support the mental health and wellbeing of children and young people.
This online network takes part in activities and provides feedback to inform the development of Be You social and emotional wellbeing tools, services and resources used in learning communities across Australia.
Why we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information so you can:
- register and participate in Education Voices (a community of educators, allied health professionals, leaders and pre-service educators sharing their expertise and experiences to inform the development of Be You resources)
What personal information is collected?
As part of the registration process for becoming an Education Voices member, we ask you to answer a series of questions on an online form, which contains personal information such as name, contact details, ethnicity, gender identity, education and occupation details.
How do we deal with your personal information?
We will deal with your personal information in the following ways.
- The personal information collected as part of the Education Voices registration process is recorded against your contact record to enables us to:
- meet our customer relationship management needs (for example, by enabling you to participate in Education Voices activities and become a member of the online community if you choose to);
- engage in direct communications via email (if you have registered your email address with us and have not "opted-out");
- support the effective planning and implementation of the Education Voices program; and
- engage in polls, surveys, interviews and focus groups to ensure the continuous improvement of Be You resources
- We may disclose your personal information:
- to our service providers (such as our IT and analytics service providers);
- to our Be You delivery partners Early Childhood Australia and headspace;
- if you have consented to the disclosure (for example, if you participate in one of our activities);
- where disclosure is necessary to prevent injury to life or health; or
- if required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order.
We do not directly disclose personal information to recipients located overseas.
Our third-party service providers may store personal information overseas when providing services.
We only disclose your information for the purposes for which you gave it to us or a directly related purpose you would reasonably expect or if you agree.
Our websites and mobile applications
We collect your device’s last known IP address and, if you are a registered user, store it against your website profile.
What if you do not provide your personal information?
If you choose not to provide the mandatory personal information to us, you will not be able to participate in Education Voices.
Sharing other people's stories
How to contact us
The Privacy Officer
Suite 501, 278 Flinders Lane
Melbourne VIC 3000
This Education Voices Privacy Collection Statement was last updated September 2021 and may change from time to time. Any updated versions will be posted on this website and will be effective from the date of posting.
In this Privacy Collection Statement, references to “Beyond Blue”, "we", "us" and "our" are references to Beyond Blue Limited ACN 093 865 840.