beyondblue is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and other relevant state laws in relation to the management of personal information.
Why we collect, hold, use or disclose your personal information
We will collect your personal information if you:
- complete our secure electronic online form with your debit card or credit card details;
- send a cheque or money order to us;
- make a bank transfer and then email or fax the remittance to us; or
- call us to make a donation; or
- donated to another organisation and consented to receiving information from like-minded organisations such as beyondblue.
We will deal with your personal information in the following ways.
- Your personal information will be used to process your donation and provide you with a tax deductible receipt.
- If you have provided to us your credit card details to make a secure credit card donation, we will use your credit card details to process the donation (we do not store your credit card details on our website or elsewhere).
- Your name and the amount of the donation you make may be shown on our website (unless you choose to make a private or anonymous donation).
- We may disclose your personal information:
- to our service providers (such as our IT service providers);
- if you have consented to the disclosure (for example, if you consented to like-minded organisations contacting you with information that may be of interest to you);
- where disclosure is necessary to prevent injury to life or health; or
- if required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order.
We do not directly disclose personal information to recipients located overseas.
beyondblue website – information collected
The types of information that may be collected as a result of your use of the beyondblue website are:
- the fact that you have visited the beyondblue website and the date and time of your visit;
- statistical information about your server address and your top level domain name (for example, .com, .com.au, .gov.au, .co.uk. etc);
- the pages you have accessed and the documents you have downloaded;
- the previous site you visited (if you have linked to the beyondblue website); and
- the type of browser you use.
We will not make any attempt to identify you or your browsing activities from the collection of this information.
What if you do not provide your personal information?
If you choose not to provide your personal information to us, we may not be able to process your donation or provide a tax deductible receipt.
How to contact us
The Privacy Officer
PO Box 6100
Hawthorn West VIC 3121
This Privacy Collection Statement was last updated November 2017 and may change from time to time. Any updated versions will be posted on this website and will be effective from the date of posting.
In this Privacy Collection Statement, references to “beyondblue”, "we", "us" and "our" are references to Beyond Blue Limited ACN 093 865 840.