Speakers & Ambassadors definition:
Community members who share their personal or carer experiences of anxiety, depression, and suicide with community organisations, schools and workplaces, to reduce stigma, encouraging mental health conversations and offering hope to others.
Beyond Blue is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and other relevant laws in relation to the management of personal information.
Why we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information so you can register and participate as a volunteer with us.
What personal information is collected?
As part of the registration process for becoming a volunteer, we ask you to answer mostly non-mandatory questions on an electronic form which contain personal information such as name, address, date of birth, gender identity, qualifications, health information and reasons for volunteering.
How do we deal with your personal information?
We deal with your personal information in the following ways:
- The personal information collected as part of the volunteer registration process is recorded against your user profile to enable us to:
- meet our website management needs (for example, by enabling you to volunteer); and
- engage in direct marketing activities via email (if you have registered your email address with us and have not "opted-out").
- support the effective planning and implementation of the Speakers program
- We may disclose your personal information:
- to our service providers (such as our IT and analytics service providers);
- where disclosure is necessary to prevent injury to life or health; or
- if required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order.
We do not directly disclose personal information to recipients located overseas.
Our third-party service providers may store personal information overseas when providing services.
We only disclose your health information for the purposes for which you gave it to us or a directly related purpose you would reasonably expect or if you agree.
Our websites and mobile applications
What if you do not provide your personal information?
If you choose not to provide the mandatory personal information to us, you may not be able to volunteer with us.
How to contact us
Post: Attention: The Privacy Officer
Suite 501, 278 Flinders Lane
Melbourne VIC 3000
This Volunteer Privacy Collection Statement was last updated August 2021 and may change from time to time. Any updated versions will be posted on this website and will be effective from the date of posting.
In this Privacy Collection Statement, references to “Beyond Blue”, "we", "us" and "our" are references to Beyond Blue Limited ACN 093 865 840.