beyondblue is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and other relevant state laws in relation to the management of personal information.
Why we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information
As part of the registration process for becoming a volunteer, we ask you to answer mostly non mandatory questions on an electronic form which contain personal information such as name, address, date of birth, gender identity, qualifications, health information and reasons for volunteering.
We deal with your personal information in the following ways:
1. The personal information collected as part of the volunteer registration process is recorded against
your user profile to enable us to:
- meet our website management needs (for example, by enabling you to volunteer); and
- engage in direct marketing activities via email (if you have registered your email address with us and have not "opted-out").
2. We may disclose your personal information:
- to our service providers (such as our IT service providers);
- if you have consented to the disclosure;
- where disclosure is necessary to prevent injury to life or health; or
- if required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order.
We do not directly disclose personal information to recipients located overseas.
We only disclose your health information for the purposes for which you gave it to us or a directly related purpose you would reasonably expect or if you agree.
What if you do not provide your personal information
If you choose not to provide the mandatory personal information to us, you may not be able to volunteer with us.
How to contact us
The Privacy Officer
PO Box 6100
Hawthorn West VIC 3121
This Volunteer Privacy Collection Statement was last updated November 2017 and may change from time to time. Any updated versions will be posted on this website and will be effective from the date of posting.
In this Privacy Collection Statement, references to “beyondblue”, "we", "us" and "our" are references to Beyond Blue Limited ACN 093 865 840.