What is NewAccess?
NewAccess is a free and confidential mental health program, developed by Beyond Blue and delivered by PCCS.
It's designed to support people 16 years and over who may be feeling stressed or overwhelmed about the challenges in life. Challenges can range from work or relationship issues to the distress associated with emergencies and disasters such as bushfire, drought or flood.
Why you'll love NewAccess
- It's free, so no out of pocket expenses
- The structured six session program gives you practical tools
- You work with a local coach, trained in low-intensity cognitive behavioural therapy, who will guide you through a tailored, personal program
- It’s completely confidential
- No doctor’s referral or mental health treatment plan is required
- It’s available face-to-face or via phone or video call
Please enquire below or call us on 02 9477 8700
You may be eligible for NewAccess if you:
- live in an area that delivers the NewAccess program
- you’re the correct age for your region (some regions service 12+, 16+ or 18+).
Unfortunately, you will not able to use the service if you are;
- currently seeing a psychologist or psychiatrist
- dealing with severe/complex presentations.
Sometimes it’s not evident until the initial assessment if NewAccess will meet the needs of the person. If NewAccess is not suitable for you based on your circumstances, symptoms or condition, you will be referred to a GP or another service better suited to your needs.
*indicates mandatory field
When you click submit, your enquiry will go to PCCS and you will be contacted in the next few days.
NewAccess service during the coronavirus pandemic
NewAccess will support people while following safe physical-distancing advice.
Our providers will continue to offer coaching via video or phone call during the coronavirus pandemic. Many providers are now back to face to face sessions, so please check with your provider directly to find out what options are available.
Remember, you don’t need a doctor’s referral to access this service, just enquire directly today.
In the below video, Brenton talks about his experience with NewAccess:
You can access more stories from people who have been through the NewAccess program here. You can also read through our frequently asked questions. To see all available regions, visit our Find A Coach page.
NewAccess is NOT a crisis service. It is an early intervention program designed to support people early and prevent potential crises down the track.
If you require immediate support or advice, please call the Beyond Blue Support Service 24/7 on 1300 224 636. If you are in an emergency, or at immediate risk of harm to yourself or others, please call 000.