The Beyond Blue Support Service and the Beyond Blue Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service (each a Support Service) connect people with trained team members who are able to provide brief counselling, information and referrals for anxiety and depression.
The Support Service is provided online, including in the form of webchat and/or email through the Beyond Blue website, and via telephone.
The Support Service is provided by Remedy Healthcare, an organisation with expertise in providing mental health counselling and support and a subsidiary of Australian Unity Limited.
1. Information is of a general nature only and no warranties are provided
The information provided during your interaction(s) with the Support Service is for general information purposes only and it should not be regarded as legal or medical advice. Subject to the consumer guarantees provided for in consumer protection legislation (including the Australian Consumer Law), Remedy Healthcare and Beyond Blue do not give any express or implied warranties and make no representations in relation to the Support Service. Information obtained from the Support Service should not be used without you making and relying on your own assessment of the information and its appropriateness to your circumstances, including obtaining professional advice where it is prudent to do so.
In addition, subject to the consumer guarantees provided for in consumer protection legislation (including the Australian Consumer Law), and while all care is taken to ensure a virus free and private environment Remedy Healthcare and Beyond Blue do not warrant that the Support Service online is free from any computer viruses or other defects.
3. Limitation of liability
4. Access and communication
Remedy Healthcare and Beyond Blue do not warrant that you will have continuous access to the Support Service. Remedy Healthcare and Beyond Blue will not be liable in the event that the Support Service is not unavailable to you online due to computer downtime attributable to malfunctions, upgrades, preventative or remedial maintenance activities on the Beyond Blue website or interruption in telecommunications supply. Please remember that if the Support Service is unavailable online, you may access the Support Service via telephone, and vice versa.
6. Privacy and third party providers
Remedy Healthcare and Beyond Blue do not guarantee the delivery of electronic communications as such communications rely on third party service providers. Electronic communication (including electronic mail) is vulnerable to interception by third parties and Remedy Healthcare and Beyond Blue do not guarantee the security or confidentiality of these communications or the security of the Support Service. Remedy Healthcare and Beyond Blue do not provide, and have no control over, communication networks or services, the internet or other technology used or required to access the Support Service and accept no responsibility for any direct or indirect loss in any form associated with them, whether due to congestion, technical malfunction, viruses or otherwise.
If your web browser is set up to accept cookies, a cookie will be stored on your system when you visit the Support Service online. Cookies allow Remedy Healthcare to distinguish unique visitors and control the flow of pages within the site. Your activity on this site will be logged, which will include the IP address(es) of your system (numbers assigned to your computer system or location when you connect via an Internet Service Provider). If you would rather not have this information stored on your computer, you can configure your browser so it does not accept cookies. However, if you disable cookies you may not be able to properly use the Support Service online.
8. Intellectual property
All intellectual property rights, including copyright and patents, in the Support Service, and all components in these services, are owned by or licensed to Beyond Blue and/or Remedy Healthcare. You must not copy, modify or transmit any part of the Support Service.
9. Prohibited uses
In using the Support Service you must not, as applicable:
- -- defame, abuse, stalk, harass, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others, including without limitation, rights relating to privacy and publicity;
- -- publish, distribute, email, transmit or disseminate any material which is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, indecent, offensive or inappropriate (including any material that infringes intellectual property rights);
- -- use any automated scripting tools or software;
- -- engage in any commercial activity including marketing, advertising or commercial promotion of goods or services, data mine or use robots or other data collection methods;
- -- impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation;
- -- send unsolicited emails or spam;
- -- post, link to, distribute or transmit any information, material or item which contains a virus, Trojan horse, worm or other harmful or disruptive component designed to interrupt, limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware or to utilise other computer systems for improper purposes or without authorisation; or
- -- breach any laws or regulations which are applicable to your use of this website in your jurisdiction.
11. Jurisdiction and law
13. Changes to the Support Service and Beyond Blue website
14. Contacting Remedy Healthcare