At Beyond Blue we promote good mental health. We create change to protect everyone’s mental health and improve the lives of people, families and communities affected by anxiety, depression and suicide.
We do this through a range of promotion, prevention and early intervention initiatives to raise awareness, increase knowledge, reduce stigma and discrimination, and encourage people to seek help early.
But how do we know if we're achieving our mission and making a difference?
Many of our current measures are based on individual program evaluations, qualitative data, marketing data, and anecdotal accounts.
After a recent period of growth, now is a good time to look at strengthening how we measure our overall performance.
What is a Performance Framework?
Currently Beyond Blue does not have an accurate and reliable way to provide an organisation-wide picture of our performance and impact.
The design and implementation of a performance framework will allow Beyond Blue to better measure our health impact on Australians and track opportunities to improve our operations, services, programs and campaigns.
The Performance Framework Reference Group
To help create the Performance Framework a reference group is being formed and will be made up of:
- General Manager Strategy and Policy, Sam Rosevear
- Eight Key Beyond Blue Staff Members
- Two Blue Voices Members
The Blue Voices representatives on the reference group will work alongside other members to:
- Ensure the Performance Framework meets Beyond Blue’s strategic objectives
- Develop a theory of change and program logic for the project
- Design the Framework and standard measures
- Help enable the successful implementation of the Framework
- Ensure principles of diversity and inclusion are developed for the ongoing implementation of the Framework.
- Ensure the Framework and standard measures are relevant and useful to address the mental health and wellbeing needs of people who had experienced anxiety, depression or suicidality.
Blue Voices Input
Your experiences with mental health will help the reference group make sure the Framework is relevant and useful to address the mental health and wellbeing needs of people with a mental health condition.
Along with mental health experiences we're also looking for Blue Voices members who have experience in one or more of the following areas: strategic level thinking, business improvement, impact measurement, performance measurement and monitoring and evaluation. Specifically, experience in public health is desirable but not essential.
Applications to join the Performance Framework Committee have now closed. If you'd like more information on this project please contact the Blue Voices Team