How to include beyondblue in your Will
If you wish to include beyondblue in your Will, we recommend that you obtain independent legal advice before making or modifying your Will to ensure accurate wording that validly records your wishes.
Obtain independent legal advice to discuss the two ways that you can make a gift in your Will:
- through leaving beyondblue a specific amount of money
- through leaving beyondblue a share of your estate (in other words, a share of what is left of your estate after payment of your debts and expenses and any other specific gifts you have made).
Bequests to support beyondblue's general work
beyondblue operates through an Australian public company limited by guarantee known as Beyond Blue Limited (ACN 093 865 840). The members of Beyond Blue Limited are each of the State, Territory and Commonwealth governments. Beyond Blue Limited is endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient Status 1 by the Australian Taxation Office.
Once you have decided on the type of gift you wish to leave, your solicitor or other professional will need these details for the wording of your Will. You can copy and paste the wording below.
“I give free of all duties or taxes…
[Please insert here the appropriate statement selected from the six options below:]
- the whole of my estate
- [insert number] percent of my estate
- the residue of my estate
- [insert number] percent of the residue of my estate
- the sum of $ [insert value of your gift]
- (Details of specific asset – such as shares or property)
...to BEYOND BLUE LIMITED ABN 87 093 865 840 for its general purposes. The receipt of an authorised officer for the time being of BEYOND BLUE LIMITED shall constitute a full and sufficient discharge of my executor's duties.”
Please send all bequest, or gifts in your will, information and legal correspondence to our Fundraising Manager at beyondblue via post to PO Box 6100, Hawthorn West VIC 3122, phone 03 9810 6100 or email.