I made this beautiful cheesecake last night for today. I just wanted to share the recipe with others in case you would like to make it - yes I know Neil you will !!
250g pkt Choc ripple biscuits
1c desiccated coconut
1/2c sweetened condensed milk
100g melted butter
4-5 x 65g cherry ripes
1/2c caster sugar
1/2c thickened cream
3 drops pink food colouring
2 x 250g blocks cream cheese at room temp
1 extra cherry ripe for top
You need a 20cm spring round tin
1. Crush biscuits
2. In a medium bowl - combine biscuit crumbs, coconut, condensed milk & butter
3. Press mixture firmly onto base and all around the side of tin. Chill for 20 mins until firm
4. In a medium saucepan - melt cherry ripes over low heat. Melt until smooth. Add sugar, cream, food colouring. Stirring over heat until well combined. Let cool down.
5. In a small bowl using electric mixer beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in cooled cherry ripe mixture until combined.
6. Pour mixture into biscuit base. Chill for 3 hours or overnight. Serve topped with chopped extra cherry ripe pieces.