this week I will post a "thought for each day" according to my practise on Mindfulness, or simply practising Staying well. I personally am not hung up on the term Mindfulness, it's just a word. What you do each day, the thoughts you nurture it's what counts.
These are the 7 words/qualities I focus on and practise ONE QUALITY each day:
The Focus on Monday is practising Patience
The Focus on Tuesday is practising Courage
Focus on Wednesday practising Healing
Focus on Thursday practising Faithfulness
Focus on Friday practising Caring
Focus on Saturday practising Stillness
Focus on Sunday practising Balance
So, how do you practise Courage?
I just ask myself: "What do I need courage for today" for example
- keeping my appointment with my friend and not cancelling as I have often done before
- making my bed
- ringing a few people I haven't rung for a while and listen to their story
- ringing somebody who is lonely
- by NOT nurturing ANY thoughts about the future whatsoever
- full fill one outstanding task (push yourself a little)
- make the effort and go outside sitting in the sun
Make your own list for today. Tonight you will feel good about yourself,
pat yourself on your back and say "I did well well today, I know how to be courageous".
Once you have shown courage in little things - you will be able to show courage in Big things".
By visualising how it feels having done any of the above, that will give you the Courage to
actually do them.
Have a strong day practising Courage.