Learn more about the SenseAbility program from expert and experienced professionals as they offer a range of insights and advice to teachers and others looking to deliver and implement the SenseAbility program at their school or other settings.
The pre-recorded SenseAbility webinar presentations can be viewed freely anytime and anywhere. No messy login user names and passwords are required! Simply view the Beyond Blue YouTube channel or click on the video in the header above for easy access. Each webinar is approximately 50 minutes in duration, including an introduction and question and answer time with webinar participants at the end.
If you have any feedback that you would like to provide Beyond Blue following your viewing of any of the SenseAbility webinars, please email the Education team at email@example.com
How young people can benefit from social and emotional learning programs like SenseAbility
Guest speaker: Dr Michael Carr-Gregg, Child and Adolescent Psychologist, proud parenting expert on Sunrise/3AW and part time social commentator.
Webinar discussion points/topical area:
- What is SenseAbility, and why was it developed?
- Why challenging unhelpful thinking is important for young people.
- The SenseAbility A-B-C-D model and how young people can use this model for working through situations and events that they encounter in and out of school.
Leading the delivery and implementation of Beyond Blue’s SenseAbility program (strengths based resilience program) in a school based setting
Presenters: Colin Sibly, Coordinator: Student Services (Counselling), Doctor on Campus (DOC) Program and Lindsey Cowper, Senior Leader: Wellbeing
This webinar highlights Victor Harbor High School’s experience in implementing the SenseAbility program across their school. Victor Harbor High School staff share their success and strategies for whole school implementation using cross disciplinary teams within the school and community.
Discussion points/topical areas:
- A school perspective on why Victor Harbor decided to utilise the SenseAbility program.
- Learn more about how the school has delivered and implemented the SenseAbility program at their school.
- Hear about the challenges Victor Harbor High School had to overcome while implementing the SenseAbility program, and what strategies worked well for them through this process.
- Learn more about how Victor Harbor High School have linked SenseAbility to other key mental health and wellbeing initiatives at their school.
The SenseAbility evaluation toolkit
Presented by: Dr Kate Jacobs, Registered Psychologist and lecturer at the Faculty of Education, Monash University.
The SenseAbility evaluation toolkit has been developed to increase the capacity for schools and others to conduct evaluation of the effectiveness of SenseAbility as well as other social-emotional learning programs.
Evaluating SenseAbility in your school tells you if what you are doing is working or not and helps you identify areas for improvement. Further, evaluation SenseAbility in your school enables you to demonstrate the program's success or progress and allows you to better communicate the impact of the program to others.
SenseAbility and its place within the Australian curriculum
Presented by: Mark Sparvell, Principals Australia, and Jessica Satori, Department of Education, Victoria.
This webinar takes a look at how SenseAbility can be integrated into the curriculum, from a practitioner's perspective.
Jessica discusses her approach to mapping SenseAbility against various capabilities and reflects on the positive changes in her students, particularly her all-male maths and science classes.