blueVoices is beyondblue's reference group and online community for people who have personal experience of depression and anxiety, or support someone who does. blueVoices is open to anyone in Australia with this experience.
Participation by people whose lives have been affected by depression and anxiety is a major aspect of all beyondblue projects. blueVoices members share their perspectives with beyondblue to inform our work and ensure that people's experiences are reflected accurately in everything we do.
Opportunities are varied and may include:
- sharing stories for use in beyondblue's campaigns, information materials or projects
- providing feedback on information resources, position statements or campaign materials
- participating in committees and advisory groups
- taking part in research projects
- sharing personal experiences through the media.
In the online community, members can connect with each other, participate in discussions, share stories and take part in beyondblue activities.
How does blueVoices work?
As part of your membership, you will be contacted by beyondblue to provide input or participate in beyondblue's programs and activities that are relevant to your personal experience and interest.
Activities will be sent via email and will also be posted online in the blueVoices web portal, which is a restricted section of the beyondblue website.
You can determine your own level of involvement and the activities in which you wish to take part. You can change your preferences or unsubscribe at any time.
What is the blueVoices online community?
As a member of blueVoices, you will also have access to blueVoices Connect. This is a members-only area where you can:
- view current opportunities to take part in beyondblue activities
- participate in online community discussions with other blueVoices members
- read news and view participation opportunities available in the broader mental health sector.
How do I join?
To become a blueVoices member, please complete the online registration form.
If you would like to be able to access blueVoices Connect, please also join the beyondblue online community.