It is important to Beyond Blue that the work we do is guided by the knowledge, experiences and expertise of the Australian community. Members of our Blue Voices community interact with us across a range of activities that help shape our work. By engaging with Blue Voices, Beyond Blue can make sure our services, policies and programs are safe and effective for the community.
Who are Blue Voices?
Our Blue Voices members are a diverse group of people passionate about mental health and wellbeing, and want to use their voices to improve the development and innovation of mental health services, policies and programs. Members have previously been or are currently affected by a mental health condition – personally, by supporting or caring for someone, or are bereaved by the suicide of a friend, family member or co-worker.
Who can join?
Blue Voices is open to anyone who:
- lives in Australia
- is 16 years or older
- is currently, or has been affected by a mental health condition (as listed above)
- wants to hear from the Blue Voices team about activities, so that they can use their voice to contribute to the design and innovation of mental health programs, services, policies and programs.
What does it mean to be a Blue Voices member?
- Membership to the Blue Voices community is free, and members are free to leave the group at any time.
- After becoming a Blue Voices member, a login will be provided that will allow access to the member-only section of the website called Blue Voices Connect, and it’s here that members can view and participate in open activities.
- The Blue Voices team will also email members notifications of open activities.
- Members will receive a monthly eNewsletter with updates about Blue Voices, and what other members have been up to.
- Members can be assured that Beyond Blue will treat all shared information respectfully and securely.
- Participation across all activities is voluntary, and members are encouraged to consider their availability, experience, background and interests when expressing their interest in opportunities.
What type of activities do members participate in?
Most activities that Blue Voices members engage in will help guide Beyond Blue’s work. Additionally, the Blue Voices team also promotes activities hosted by other mental health organisations, services or research bodies.
Types of opportunities may include, but are not limited to:
- Sharing thoughts and experiences through surveys or questionnaires.
- Participating in committees or advisory groups.
- Providing feedback about an existing product, policy, program or service.
- Participating in focus groups, workshops or research interviews.
- Helping to test a new product such as a support App.
Where do I sign up?
Signing up is free of charge, and is fairly quick. Please just complete an online registration form to join Blue Voices. We’ll review your registration and contact you soon after we receive it.