It is important to Beyond Blue that our work is guided by the needs and experiences of the Australian community. Blue Voices members are regularly invited to take part in range of activities that shape Beyond Blue’s work.
Who are Blue Voices?
Our Blue Voices are a diverse group of people who want to influence the development and innovation of mental health services, policies and programs. Members have been affected by anxiety, depression or suicide – personally or through supporting someone like a family member, friend, student or colleague.
Who can join?
Blue Voices is open to anyone who:
- lives in Australia
- is 16 years or older
- has been affected by anxiety, depression or suicide – personally or through supporting others
- wants to be notified of activities to have their say on the design and innovation of mental health programs, services and policy.
The benefits for members include:
- Membership is free and you can leave the group at any time.
- You get a login to the member-only section of the website (Blue Voices Connect) where you can view and participate in open activities.
- We will give you email notifications of open activities.
- You will get a monthly eNewsletter with updates about Beyond Blue and what other members have been up to.
- You can be confident that Beyond Blue will treat your information respectfully and securely.
- You can choose what you want to take part in*.
*Depending on your experience, background and interests, some activities may or may not be relevant to you.
What sorts of activities?
Blue Voices members are invited to participate in a range of activities. Most activities will inform Beyond Blue’s work, but we also let members know about activities run by other mental health organisations, services or researchers.
Activity types can include:
- Sharing your thoughts and experience through surveys or questionnaires.
- Participating in committees or advisory groups.
- Providing feedback on an existing product, policy, program or service.
- Participating in focus groups, workshops or research interviews.
- Helping to test a new product such as a support App.
How do I join?
Complete the online registration form
to join Blue Voices. Please note: You must be living in Australia and be 16 years or older to join.