blueVoices is beyondblue's reference group for people who have personal experience of anxiety, depression or suicide, or support someone who does. blueVoices is open to anyone over the age of 16 in Australia with this experience.
blueVoices members share their perspectives with beyondblue to inform our work and ensure that people's experiences are reflected accurately in everything we do. Participation by people whose lives have been affected by anxiety, depression and suicide is a major aspect of all beyondblue projects. Opportunities are varied and may include:
- sharing stories for use in beyondblue's campaigns, information materials or projects
- providing feedback on information resources, position statements or campaign materials
- participating in committees and advisory groups
- taking part in research projects.
In the online membership area, blueVoices members can connect with each other, participate in discussions, read news relating to mental health and take part in activities to inform beyondblue projects.
How does blueVoices work?
As part of your membership, you will be contacted by beyondblue with opportunities to provide input or participate in beyondblue programs and activities that may be relevant to your personal experience and interest.
Opportunities will be sent via email and will also be posted in the blueVoices online membership area – blueVoices Connect – which is a members-only section of the beyondblue website.
You can decide your own level of involvement and which activities you would like to take part in. You can change your preferences or unsubscribe at any time.
What is blueVoices Connect?
As a member of blueVoices, you will also have access to the online members-only area – blueVoices Connect – where you can:
- view current opportunities to take part in activities to inform beyondblue's work
- participate in online community discussions with other blueVoices members
- read news and view participation opportunities available in the broader mental health sector.
How do I join?
To become a blueVoices member, please complete the online registration form. Please note: You must be in Australia and over the age of 16 to join.