Our vision, values and mission
All people in Australia achieve their best possible mental health.
Collaboration. Respect. Enthusiasm. Excellence. Innovation. Integrity.
We promote good mental health. We create change to protect everyone’s mental health and improve the lives of individuals, families and communities affected by anxiety, depression and suicide.
Our key result areas
Community heart. Business head. beyondblue will adopt a community heart and a business head to achieve our goals:
- Reduce the impact of anxiety, depression and suicide by supporting people to protect their mental health and to recover when they are unwell.
- Reduce people’s experiences of stigma and discrimination.
- Improve people’s opportunities to get effective support and services at the right time.
- Use best business practices to deliver integrated, evidence-based and cost-effective initiatives through our people and resources.
How we do it
Mental health conditions don’t discriminate, and neither do we. Our programs and initiatives support people at all stages of life, wherever they live, work, study and play.
We listen and respond. We will place a high priority on seeking out, listening and responding to the experiences of people affected by anxiety, depression and suicide, and combine this with evidence generated by researchers and evaluators.
We connect with people and advocate for positive change.
We work in all States and Territories, aiming for our campaigns, communications, resources and programs to be as accessible in remote communities as inner metropolitan suburbs, to:
- Inform and connect people to enable them to achieve their best possible mental health and access support when they need it.
- Influence and challenge discriminatory behaviour by advocating for positive change and prompting discussions across Australia.
- Innovate and initiate effective ways to improve access to support and improve outcomes for people, families and communities.