We have a unique and exciting opportunity for a blueVoices member to join Beyond Blue’s Portfolio Governance Group (PGG).
About the Portfolio Governance Group
The PGG reviews and provides input to each project planned at Beyond Blue, ensuring the responsible use of funds to maximise benefits achieved for Beyond Blue and the community we serve.
Meeting monthly, the PGG review and assess project ideas and business cases before they're submitted to the CEO and/or Beyond Blue Board for approval and allocation of resources.
The PGG consists of senior leaders and representatives from across the organisation and three blueVoices members as appointed by the CEO.
The purpose of the PGG is to:
- Promote a consistent approach to transparent project decision making that aligns to Beyond Blue’s values and strategic goals;
- Provide a forum for Beyond Blue staff to present project ideas/business cases prior to submission to the CEO and/or Board for approval, for constructive review, value adding and feedback;
- Provide input on new project ideas and influence decisions that will deliver the greatest value for Beyond Blue and the community;
- Review all project submissions to enable informed decision making, improve integration of existing and planned work and eliminate duplicated effort;
- Foster a culture of continual business justification and improvement, so ideas pool resources allocated to projects that are not proceeding or no longer aligning with the strategic direction can be reallocated to new or existing innovative activities;
- Promote learnings from Beyond Blue projects and ensure they are captured and embedded into future project appraisal criteria (e.g. Project Closure Reports);
- Champion commercial acumen by ensuring Beyond Blue employees are aware of the need to maximise value generated by our investments and resources.
blueVoices role in the group
There are currently two blueVoices members sitting on the group. We're recruiting for a third member to join the group and participate through:
- Contributing to decision making, drawing on your personal insights from experiencing mental health conditions
- Attending monthly meetings held in Hawthorn, Melbourne (meetings are held during business hours and run for two hours)
- Preparing for meetings with any required pre-reading (this may take a few hours depending on the amount of project submissions)
As an acknowledgement of the commitment required for this role, you will be offered reimbursement for your reading and meeting time if selected.
This role is an 18 month term commencing in November 2018. If selected, you will be invited to join the November meeting as an observer and make sure the group is right for you.
Applications to join the Portfolio Governance Group are now closed. If you are interested in finding out more about this group please contact the blueVoices team on 03 9810 6100 or via email