Professor Michael Kidd AO
MBBS, MD, DCCH, Dip.RACOG, FRACGP, FACHI, FAFPM (Hon), FHKCFP (Hon), FRNZCGP (Hon), FCGPSL (Hon), MAICD
Appointed December 2011
- Executive dean of Medicine, Nursing and Allied Health at Flinders University
- General practitioner with a special interest in the care of people with HIV
- Past Professor of General Practice at The University of Sydney
- Past President of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- President-elect of the World Organization of Family Doctors (2013–16)
What do you find most rewarding about your association with beyondblue?
beyondblue is well recognised for its important work in raising awareness and reducing stigma about depression and mental health concerns in the community and, in so doing, saves lives and makes a difference in the lives of many people in Australia. beyondblue also funds and supports important research that helps us identify how we can better diagnosis and manage depression and anxiety, and focus on interventions to assist people who are experiencing these conditions.