We have an exciting opportunity for a blueVoices member to join Beyond Blue’s Research Advisory Committee.
About Research at Beyond Blue
High quality research is critical to Beyond Blue delivering evidence-based initiatives and programs. We use evidence generated by those affected by anxiety, depression and suicide, and combine this with evidence generated by researchers and evaluators. Since 2000, Beyond Blue has funded over $58 million in research.
The Research Strategy 2015 -2020 emphasises the importance of linking our research activities with our strategic and business goals through a priority-driven approach to investment. It also highlights the importance of fostering close collaboration between Beyond Blue, researchers and people with personal experience in order to produce high-quality, relevant research.
A range of scoping, pilot and translational research is funded through the Research Strategy. Considerable emphasis will be placed on actively promoting the findings of the research to the widest possible audience to ensure that our research influences practice and policy and improves people’s lives.
About the Research Advisory Committee
The Research Advisory Committee (RAC) provides advice and assistance related to the Research Strategy 2015-20. In particular the RAC will:
- Provide ongoing high-level strategic advice on the implementation of Beyond Blue’s Research Strategy, with reference to the broader mental health research environment in Australia
- Where possible, develop specific research questions, to guide the allocation of resources across the funding schemes outlined in the Research Strategy (Program Grants, Partnership Grants and Strategic Grants)
- Ensure that the research themes and research questions align with the Beyond Blue Strategic Plan 2015-2020, Business Plans and Research Strategy
- Provide high-level strategic advice on maximising opportunities for co-investment with other funders.
blueVoices role in the Committee
The Committee includes two blueVoices members who participate through:
- Contributing to discussions and providing advice, drawing on their professional experience, as well as their personal insights from experiencing a mental health condition or supporting someone who does
- Attending meetings twice a year held in Hawthorn, Melbourne (meetings are held during business hours and run for around two to three hours)
- Preparing for meetings with any required pre-reading (this may take a few hours depending on the meeting agenda)
As an acknowledgement of the commitment required for this role, you will be offered reimbursement for your reading and meeting time as well as interstate travel if applicable.
This role is an 18-24 month term commencing in December 2018. If selected, you will be invited to join the next meeting on 12 December 2018.
Applications for the Beyond Blue Research Advisory Committee are now closed. If you'd like more information on this committee please contact the blueVoices team on 03 9810 6100 or via email