There are so many different posts here. It is wonderful we have this space to share how we are feeling openly, to notify others of beneficial things to do at this time, how to survive, how to cope if you are not doing so well and just generally acknowledging and validating how each other feels.
Life is certainly different at the moment. A few things I've noticed besides the lack of toilet paper rolls in the supermarket:
- people are adaptable, just look at the sport still being played in spectator less stadiums
- I like the impromptu sing-alongs in Italy and Spain (for example) that are on the computer
- some of the songs people are putting together (to popular tunes) about the virus are so clever
- I believe people are wanting to be in contact more so will find ways to do so
- I'm appreciating the fact we live in the country, I can go for a walk and not see anyone outside of a car
- if we need to isolate, the internet has so many things we can look at and interact with
- I'm hoping to find time for crafts and reading books
I also realise people are struggling in so many ways. I don't know how much longer I will have employment, yes it concerns and scares me. I know my mental health issues don't take much to be triggered. I tried to make an appointment to see my Dr two weeks ago and was told his first free appointment was the end of October!
This virus sucks. For now I am trying to find ways to accept what is going on and find ways to move on.
Cheers from Dools