Some great recipes so far, I hope you find my rocky road recipe easy. I make it at Easter and Christmas and give it to people for gifts. Everyone loves it and it's easy to make.
400g Milk chocolate, broken into pieces (not sure if I can mention the brand I use but it's in purple pkts ;-) it's a bit of juggling because they keep reducing the size of the blocks)
200g Dark chocolate, broken into pieces (I buy Old Gold)
205g Marshmallows, halved
240g Scorched Almonds (I buy the other major chocolate company brand. Don't waste money on more expensive brands because from my experience the more expensive the chocolate the less it blends with the other ingredients. I found that out the hard way)
100g Red glace cherries, coarsely chopped
150g Cherry ripe, chopped into 0.5cm pieces
1/3 cup shredded coconut, toasted
1. Toast coconut in a pan on the stove, remove as soon as it turns golden in colour.
2. Grease a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan; line base and two long sides with baking paper.
3. Place dark chocolate pieces in a medium heatproof bowl. Place bowl over a small pan of simmering water. When dark chocolate has started to soften add milk chocolate, stir until smooth. Sometimes you can turn the stove off. The water will remain hot enough to melt the chocolate.
4. Combine marshmallows, scorched almonds, cherries and cherry ripe pieces in a medium bowl; mix well. Working quickly, stir in warm chocolate mixture; spoon into prepared pan, pressing down slightly. Sprinkle top with shredded coconut. Cover; refrigerate for several hours, or until set. I usually refrigerate overnight.
5. Chop Rocky Road into pieces before serving.