thedesk is a free online program aimed at providing Australian tertiary students with strategies and skills for success and wellbeing during their time at university or TAFE.
What's in thedesk?
- Modules to develop problem-solving and self-management skills. Topics include getting things done, staying calm, staying connected and feeling good.
- Tools to help with everyday issues such as relaxation, challenging unhelpful thoughts, using feedback constructively and problem solving.
- Quizzes about different areas of life such as relationships, physical health and mental wellbeing.
- An online Coffee House for students to connect with other students, share experiences, music, art, recipes and more!
- Links to information and support services to help deal with a range of common issues.
All components of thedesk are informed by research on the prevention and treatment of mental health problems, web-based interventions and engagement.
Visit thedesk to find out more information including:
- research behind the development of thedesk
- who is thedesk for?
- what's in thedesk?
- promoting thedesk
- evaluation of thedesk.
thedesk toolkit provides free information about thedesk, including the research behind it, what's involved and how you can help promote it among your students.
If you have further questions about thedesk or implementation, please contact our Education Projects Manager on 03 9810 6100 or send us an email.