Panic disorder symptom checklist
Have you had a sudden surge of intense worry or fear during which you had four or more of the following symptoms:
- trembling or shaking
- increased heart rate
- short of breath
- feeling like you are choking
- feeling nauseous or having butterflies or pain in the stomach
- dizzy, lightheaded or faint
- numb or tingly
- derealisation (feelings of unreality) or depersonalisation (feeling detached from yourself or your surroundings)
- hot or cold flushes
- scared of losing control or going crazy
- scared of dying?
If you have felt more than four of the above symptoms, have you also: felt persistently worried for one month or more, of experiencing these feelings again, or changed your behaviour to try to avoid having panic attacks again? If yes, you may be experiencing panic disorder.